Are you tired? 12 point check list to becoming a better athlete and healthier person
ARE YOU TIRED?
1. Do you rehydrate when you wake up with a non-caffeine based drink such as water or green drink?
2. Do you eat real natural food at breakfast instead of processed cereal and shakes?
3. Do you eat real, natural, unprocessed foods at every other meal including snacks? (Food in a tin or packet is not real food!)
4. Do you eat a diet high in organic produce?
5. Do you eat something every 3 hours?
6. Do you consume an individually prescribed recovery drink after training?
7. Do you perform a period of recovery work after training sessions? (massage, pool work, active recovery, hot/cold contrast, bathing, stretching)
8. Do you have regular soft tissue work on areas of tightness?
9. Are your body fat levels optimal to maximize performance?
10. Do you unwind, relax and switch off for at least 30mins every evening? (Watching TV, playing video games does not count!)
11. Do you go to bed at the same time every evening and wake at the same time every morning?
12. Do you consistently get between 7-9 hours sleep?
If the answer to any of these questions is NO, DO NOT BLAME THE TRAINING PROGRAM.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *